Tadpoles can eat cucumber. This might seem like an unusual thing to say, but it’s true! Tadpoles are able to digest the cellulose in a cucumber. You will need a bit more preparation than just feeding a cucumber to your tadpole, but you can do it. This is how:
- Clean the skin of the cucumber without using any soap.
- Completely remove the skin, don’t leave any behind.
- Core the cucumber. You can do it with a spoon or knife. Just make sure to get the seeds out.
- Cut it up into small tiny pieces, small enough for a tadpole to nibble on.
- Blanch all the pieces like you would anything else
There you go, it’s that easy! Your tadpoles will love this little treat. Did you know tadpoles can eat other types of fruit and vegetables too? Here are some others they can eat:
Can tadpoles eat spinach? Yes, they can eat spinach. They will also eat all sorts of other greens such as broccoli, baby spinach, and beans. Just avoid iceberg lettuce as it has no nutrition in it at all!
Not only greens, but they can also eat bread. They love to nibble on small bits of breadcrumbs. It’s not very good for them though, and you should minimize it as much as possible. Their digestive systems just can’t handle the starches and all that.
They also love various fruits, such as:
- Kiwi fruit
And various other fruits! Just remember, they need to be cut up really small, blanched for a few minutes in boiling water, and the seeds and skin absolutely must be removed prior. They can’t eat those!